“There are two means of refuge from the misery of life – music and cats.”
OK, this is a relatively unexciting post because we’re coming into Exam Season now –
(excuse me while I freak out for a second)
– and I don’t want to spend too long writing a review today.
So, without further ado, here are Five Random Songs from my iTunes library (total size: 995 songs).
- Bring Him Home, Les Miserables – I haven’t actually managed to ascertain which version this is, a question that causes much controversy among certain members of the University Gang. In any case, I’ve never been that much of a fan of this song, probably because it doesn’t really have a recognisable tune.
- Enterlude, The Killers – this is just a pretty, short, sad introduction-type song from their album Sam’s Town: “We hope you enjoy your stay/It’s good to have you with us, even if it’s just for the day.” Definitely my favourite of these five.
- Like I Never Loved You At All, Take That – sometimes Shuffle comes up with boring songs. Sorry about that.
- Hair, Lady Gaga – quite a cheesy song, actually, featuring the hilarious line “I am my hair.” Why, Lady Gaga? Why? But it does cheer me up no end when I’m stressed about revision.
- True Colors, Ane Brun – spelt the American way. Another sweet, slightly melancholy tune about being your own person.